Frequently Asked Questions

UK Border Agency House inspection for immigration

Why is the Home inspection report required?

“Obtain an independent assessment of the number of rooms and occupants of the proposed accommodation. A report from a suitably qualified body certifying that a personal inspection has been carried out and giving details of accommodation inspected is usually acceptable for this purpose. Above all, the Entry Clearance officer must be satisfied that the accommodation will not become overcrowded within the definition of the Housing Act 1985 or that it will not contravene public health regulations.”

What is the validity period of the certificate?

The certificate is valid for three months from the date of issue

How long does the whole process take?

After you have reached out to us(via our contacts, email or online) well get back to you within 24hrs and after inspection of your property we deliver confirmation letter within 2-3 working days. We also provide express service. See our services page 

Can I get a certificate on the same day of inspection?

Yes, we also provide express services whereby you are issued with the property inspection report on the same day of inspection but at an additional cost.

Which parts of the country do you cover?

We cover all over the UK, talk to us, and we will be there.

How can someone contact you?

We are at Kemp house 160 City Road EC1V 2NX

Directly call or text us on; 07500242494 or 02031293223.

Email us at;

How much does the property inspection report cost?

The cost differs depending on where the property is located and the level of service required. Contact us for a quick quotation.

Why M&S Green Property Ltd?

  • We are a leading company in the UK for Property inspection report for immigration purpose
  • We have well-trained personnel.
  • We have the required understanding, knowledge, and experience in doing property inspection reports in UK

Can you backdate the letter?

No, The certificate dates cannot change under any circumstance.

Can a lounge be used as a bedroom?

If you have two separate lounges partitioned with a solid wall (Normally 300mil) and individual doors from the hallway you can class one as a bedroom. If there are dividing doors or have a walk through lounge, you cannot use it as a bedroom. When you have completed the form(s), please return them or bring them, with any supporting documents.

What do you check during inspection?

The surveyor will measure all the bedroom, living room by electronic measurement tape and the accommodation inspection will involve our surveyor assessing that the property:

  • 1) Is free from Category 1 and 2 Hazards under the Housing Act 2004
  • 2) Is in a reasonable state of repair
  • 3) Is not statutorily overcrowded under the Housing Act 1985, Part X and shall have sufficient space to accommodate both the current occupiers and the applicant
  • 4) Is free from conditions that may present a public health nuisance

Can my child share my and my spouses/partner’s room?

Young children of upto 1 year can, but the parents must be the biological or adoptive.

What is overcrowding?

A dwelling is overcrowded for the purposes of this Part when the number of persons sleeping in the residence is such as to contradict—

(a) the room standard


Number of rooms Number of persons
1 2
2 3
3 5
5 or more 2 for each room


(b) the space standard


Floor area of room Number of persons
110 sq. ft. or more 2
90 sq. ft. or more but less than 110 sq.ft.
70 sq. ft. or more but less than 90 sq. ft. 1
50 sq. ft. or more but less than 70 sq. ft. ½

Are your reports accepted by UKBA and UKVI?

Our Property Inspection reports are compliant with all up to date guidance and legislation.

Our reports are specifically for Immigration service and are well drafted so that nothing on our report will cause your case to fail.

Contact Us

Feel free to call us, we will be very happy to assist you.

Edinburgh Office: 13 Polton drive Edinburgh EH18 1BP

London Office: Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX

Mon – Fri 8am to 6pm